Here at Siouxland Obstetrics and Gynecology, we provide comprehensive specialized obstetrical care. Your prenatal care begins with a visit to gather a complete medical history to provide the best care for you and your baby. Your care, provided by the obstetricians will continue through the pregnancy to postpartum care. We strive to make it a special, unforgettable experience for you and your family.
Please refer to ACOG: You and your baby prenatal care, labor and delivery and postpartum care for complete information so you may be well informed when making decisions and to help you follow a healthy lifestyle.
Common Symptoms & Remedies for Pregnant Women
- Nausea: Vitamin B6 25mg. With one Unisom at bedtime.
- Headaches/General Discomforts: Tylenol (regular strength), heating pad - Do not use Ibuprofen/Motrin, Advil, Aleve, or Aspirin!
- Cold/Sinus Problems: Regular Sudafed, Robitussin-plain (No DM), Benadryl, throat lozenges, throat spray, cough drops or Vicks vapor rub.
DO NOT USE ANY COLD MEDICINES WITH INGREDIENT DEXTROMETHORPHAN UNLESS PHYSICIAN ADVISED!
- Allergies: Claritan, Zyrtec (Plain - NO D).
- Heartburn: Tums, Rolaids, Mylanta, Maalox, Pepcid, Prilosec OTC, Prevacid.
- Constipation: Colace (Docusate sodium), Miralax.
- Diarrhea: Imodium AD.
- Yeast Infection: Monistat.
- Hemorrhoids: Preparation H, Anusol.
From routine prenatal care and screening to high risk pregnancies, the physicians and staff at Siouxland OB/GYN are ready to provide you with the best care. From your first visit until delivery, we offer a variety of services, both routine and supplementary including:
- Routine & optional blood-testing
- MSAFP Quad (Genetic) Screening
- Initial Sonogram/Ultrasound
- 3D/4D DVD available to share with family
- Gestational Diabetes Screening
- In-office fetal monitoring
- Perinatology Consults
Please refer to ACOG: For more information on reducing your risk of birth defects.
Additional OB educational information can be found at ACOG under Patient page and scroll down about half way, under Labor, Delivery, and Postpartum Care or Pregnancy – Click Here.